Let's Win Your Case - Call 24/7:

What Legal Action Exists After a Drunk Driving Crash?

Keys + WhiskeyAny kind of car crash can be very daunting for the individuals involved. When one of these individuals was driving while intoxicated, it can be even more trying because you know the accident was preventable.

Drunk driving crashes may leave a number of individuals with serious injuries. This may bring about the need legal action to seek justice and compensation, and to hold the negligent party accountable. However, not everyone takes legal action because they don’t know what it means or what they can do. Here is the legal option available to the injured parties.

Getting Started

First, you want to make sure that you have the necessary paperwork and documentation to file the lawsuit within the statute of limitation. Hiring a lawyer can help you get this done in the most successful manner so you can be sure you’re not giving up any kind of advantage.

What Comes Next?

After you file a claim, there are a few things that can happen. The defendant may try to file a motion to have the case dismissed completely. If that doesn’t work, they may try to offer you a settlement in hopes of paying you less than you deserve in lieu of going to trial.

As an injury victim, you have the right to deny this settlement if you feel that it is not sufficient enough to cover the expenses incurred as a result of the drunk driving accident. You can try to negotiate a new settlement offer or move forward with a trial.

A trial often gives injury victims the most favorable chance of securing the outcome they deserve. This is because you’re given the chance to present the specifics of your case to the court and show how the negligence caused you harm.

Moving Forward with Our Team

At Lowe Law Group, our car accident lawyers are dedicated to helping you go through the complex legal matters that lie ahead. You deserve to seek compensation from the negligent party and our firm stands ready to go the extra mile on your behalf.

Call us today at (801) 900-4681 for a free evaluation of your potential case.