Dog Bite Attorney
Have You Been Attacked by a Vicious Animal?
Dog bites are, unfortunately, a common occurrence and can cause serious injury. Even if you are careful around unfamiliar animals around the neighborhood or in someone’s home, an incident can still occur. A scent, a movement, or even a sound can cause an animal to return to their wild instincts. When this happens, you may need to retain the services of a dog bite lawyer.
What many people don’t realize is that the dog owner is liable for the injuries caused by their uncontrolled pet. It is common practice to purchase homeowner’s insurance policies that cover dog bites, so if you, your child, or a loved one has been bitten by a dog or other domestic animal, please let us help you understand your legal options. In many cases, we can help recover compensation for the medical bills and the pain and suffering associated with a dog bite. This all starts by helping you file a personal injury claim.
Call Lowe Law Group at (801) 900-4681 today. Our personal injury attorneys routinely travel to meet with clients anywhere in the state.
What to Do After an Animal Bite
- Seek medical attention, and keep the doctor’s notes
- Take pictures of the injury as soon as possible as evidence
- Find the owner of the animal and tell them what happened to prevent future incidents
- If you can’t find the owner, contact local authorities for help
- Contact an attorney to discuss legal recourse
In many cases, victims of dog bites are hesitant to approach the dog’s owner about their injuries, especially when the owner is a family member, close friend, or neighbor. However, it is essential to obtain basic information about the dog if you are considering filing a personal injury claim.
When obtaining the history of the dog, be sure to record the following:
- The dog’s vaccination history
- Whether the dog has ever been quarantined for aggressive behavior
- The dog’s bite history
While large dog breeds are most commonly associated with attacks, even small dogs can be vicious at times. A small, enraged dog can be relentless and too fast for you to get away from, and you could slip and fall while running. No matter the size or breed of a dog, you should take the proper steps after an attack to secure your dog bite claim in front of a court.
Why It Is Important to Retain an Attorney's Services Following a Dog Bite?
There are many reasons why it is crucial to contact an experienced lawyer following a dog bite. Reasons include:
- A skilled lawyer can ease the burden of legal worries and can work diligently to help you recover compensation for medical costs, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, physical pain, and emotional damages.
- An attorney can act as a third-party, which can help preserve the relationship you may have with the dog’s owner.
Find Out How We Can Help by Calling (801) 900-4681
The longer you wait after an accident to contact a dog bite attorney, the harder it will be to successfully execute your case. We offer free case evaluations and can tell you if the dog bite or animal attack is grounds for a lawsuit.
Ready to discuss the details of your claim?
Contact our firm at (801) 900-4681 today.