Ogden Speeding Accident Attorneys
Proving the Other Driver Was Illegally Speeding
Some of the worst car accidents are caused by drivers who are speeding well beyond the posted speed limits. The faster a car is traveling, the more force it will carry in the event of a crash, and the more damage it will do to others.
If you were recently hit by a driver who was speeding, and they say they weren’t, Lowe Law Group and our Ogden speeding accident lawyers can help you prove your case. We are highly experienced in car accident claims and lawsuits filed on behalf of plaintiffs, including those involving reckless drivers who cause a crash and then deny it. Using our collective legal experiences and eclectic backgrounds, we know where to look for useful evidence that shows you were not to blame for the accident.
We would like to tell you more about our legal services. Please call (801) 797-3444.
Evidence That Shows the Other Car Was Speeding
It would be a surprise if the driver who crashed into you admitted that they were speeding. Most drivers will never say this because they know it is illegal and that it will likely make them fully liable for the crash. If you want to prove that they were speeding, then you will need to be prepared with convincing evidence, which is where we come in.
Our attorneys can look for the following types of evidence of speeding:
- Camera footage: Do you have dashcam footage of your crash? Or maybe a traffic cam or security camera caught the accident? Video footage is difficult to refute, and it can show in great detail just how quickly the other driver was traveling.
- Eyewitness statements: Other drivers and nearby pedestrians might have seen – or heard – the accident. They could attest that the other driver was speeding because they saw the car flying down the street or heard it slam on the brakes just before impact.
- Tire tracks: Photographic evidence from the scene of your crash can prove that the other driver was speeding if there are tire tracks leading to the point of collision. Cars traveling at high speeds that suddenly brake will wear down the tires, leaving distinctive black tracks on the asphalt. We can see if those tracks match up to the tire treads of the other driver’s vehicle.
- Police reports: Information collected by responding police officers also routinely proves useful for speeding accident claims. We can see about getting a copy of police crash reports soon after your case begins.
Does Speeding Always Increase Liability?
Posted speed limits are carefully calculated to keep drivers safe. Someone who exceeds the speed limit is inherently making the road more dangerous.
Speed limits are set based on the:
- Road’s width, lanes, and curvature
- Expected traffic conditions
- Number of nearby intersections
- Usual weather patterns in the area
Because speed limits are designed specifically for optimal safe driving, exceeding those limits can be seen as automatically reckless. In other words, a speeding driver could increase their liability just by the act of speeding, but it will take an experienced attorney to prove it to an insurance adjuster or court.
Call Us Today for Legal & Moral Support
Ogden speeding accident lawyers at Lowe Law Group can help you file and pursue your speeding accident claim. We are known to locals as a trustworthy legal team that genuinely cares about our clients. Let us show you what attentive and experienced counsel can do for your claim by calling us at (801) 797-3444 today.
Initial consultations are available to get you started.
Our Team Is Your TeamThe Right Attorney Can Make All the Difference
A Sense of Understanding
We will step into your shoes to better understand your goals and effectively fight for the justice that you deserve in your case.
A Client-First Philosophy
Our team is prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure your comfort and convenience, from traveling to you to arranging your medical care.
A Personalized Experience
Our attorneys refuse to treat you like another number and are committed to being directly involved in your case every step of the way.
A Results-Driven Approach
We have recovered over $265 million dollars for injury victims in the past and are committed to winning your case next.
A Network of Support
When you hire our firm, you not only get the support of one attorney but a large team guiding you through the legal process.
A Compassionate Team
Our attorneys are truly empathetic advocates whom you can count on to be in your corner when you need them most.