Pedestrians can be found all across the nation, attempting to focus on their health and well-being, and getting around without the use of certain transportation. However, it’s important for you to know that even as a pedestrian, you may suffer significant harm when negligence is involved.
In 2013, there were 66,000 pedestrians injured and more than 4,300 killed in these types of accidents. As a pedestrian, you must recognize the various causes of these accidents and what can result in you suffering some of the most catastrophic injuries.
What are the Causes?
- Distracted driving: Like any other collision, distracted driving can lead to a pedestrian accident. Should a driver be talking or texting, eating, or otherwise distracted, a pedestrian who may be walking in an intersection is at direct risk of harm.
- Intoxicated driving: A drunk driver can swerve onto sidewalks or ignore traffic signals, which can lead to a pedestrian accident at an intersection.
- Speeding: Someone who is speeding may not have the ability to brake in time for a light or stop sign. If a pedestrian is in the intersection, an accident is highly likely.
- Failure to yield: Drivers must yield at stop signs, certain turns, and stop signs. When they don’t, they may turn into a pedestrian who is walking across the intersection.
- Reverse accidents: When someone is backing up out of a driveway, parking spot, or other location, they may not be using their mirrors or a rear camera. In these situations, they may not be a pedestrian walking behind them, and it can lead to a collision.
Lowe Law Group recognizes just how severe pedestrian accidents can be. They often lead to trauma and injuries involving a person’s brain, back, spine, or neck. Our pedestrian accident lawyers are committed to helping injured people through difficult matters to pursue the compensation they deserve. We’ll be the guide and partners necessary to pursue justice when it is needed most.
Call our firm at (801) 900-4681 today for a free consultation.