Understanding What Types of Injuries Can Result from a Car Accident
For many individuals involved in a car crash, they are lucky enough to walk away without any type of harm. Unfortunately, not everyone is as lucky. There are countless other accident victims who suffer serious and catastrophic injuries.
If you are involved in a serious car crash, it can lead to injuries that impact your entire life, some more severe than others. Understanding your options following an injury can help when it comes to treatment, compensation, and more.
Types of Injuries
The following are some of the more common injuries that are sustained as a result of a car crash:
- Whiplash: This occurs when the victim’s head jerks back and forth, causing serious injury in the neck and spinal cord areas.
- Broken bones: It’s easy for individuals to suffer broken bones when the frame of the vehicle compresses, or from the direct impact of the other vehicle.
- Lacerations: Flying glass after a crash is one of the main causes of lacerations. It can cut skin or even get into the eyes of the victim in most severe cases.
- Traumatic brain injury: A crash can send the victim’s head moving around the cabin of the vehicle. If it makes contact with any part of the frame, it can cause damage to the brain.
- Amputations: In some cases, limbs can be injured so severely that amputation is necessary in order to help the victim.
These types of accidents are life-altering and seeking legal action may mean getting the compensation necessary to cover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. It can also mean holding the negligent party responsible for their actions and getting the victim justice.
At Lowe Law Group, our car accident lawyers represent clients all over, including in North Dakota, Utah, Washington, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Nevada. We know how complex these cases can be and how difficult it can be for the victim.
If you’ve suffered an injury as a result of someone else’s reckless driving, know that we’re here for you. It’s our ultimate goal to help you get the most favorable results possible.
Schedule a free consultation with our team to discuss your rights and options. Call (801) 900-4681 today for yours.