Ogden Car Accident Attorneys
Holding Responsible Parties Accountable – (801) 900-4681
Even the best drivers in the world can be blindsided by the worst motorists on the road, or even unpredictable roadway hazards. If you ever find yourself in a car accident, then the first thing you need to do is seek legal counsel to help you through this difficult time. Without proper guidance or knowledge of liability laws, you could end up paying for a traffic collision that was not your fault.
Many people ask, "Why do I need an attorney for my car accident case?" The truth is that insurance companies are looking to profit off of your situation and want to pay you as little as possible for your injuries, which may not even be enough to cover the damages. If you enlist the legal help of a skilled attorney, you can rest assured that an experienced legal advocate will be fighting on your behalf for your best interest.
Our Ogden car accident lawyers from Lowe Law Group help people keep liability off their shoulders for car accidents they did not cause. We want our clients to rest comfortably and receive a maximized compensation amount that pays for medical bills, repair costs, missing wages, pain and suffering, and much more. Throughout our years of practice, we have been able to recover millions of dollars for our personal injury clients.
Contact our firm for legal representation from a team that will stand for your future wellbeing.
How to React After Being in an Accident
Since a car accident can happen at practically any time to any driver, it is important to know what to do right after being caught in one. Even though the car crash was not your fault, you will still want to take appropriate steps to ensure that your liability stays minimized.
Here is a quick list of what to do after being in a serious car accident:
- Pull as far over to the side of the road as possible.
- Make certain everyone is safe and sound.
- Call the authorities, who can help direct traffic away from the crash.
- Take photographs of the crash from multiple angles – be thorough.
- Talk to eyewitnesses.
- Seek medical attention, even if you feel fine.
- Get copies of all available reports, records, and so forth.
- Do not apologize to anyone or say you are to blame.
- Beware talking to insurance companies without first talking to a lawyer.
Starting with the assistance of an Ogden auto accident attorney from our law firm might be the right choice for your case. The sooner you retain our legal services, the sooner you can feel confident that you are making the right steps towards a fair recovery amount. If you want, call (801) 900-4681 while still at the accident site and we can help you decide what to do next.
Injured in a Lyft or Uber?
With the popularity and usage of ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft at an all-time high, it begs the question: what happens if you’re injured in an auto accident that involves an Uber or Lyft? Drivers who work for rideshare companies, such as Lyft, are technically viewed as independent contractors, not employees, which means the company can deny liability for accidents and collisions that involve their drivers.
However, that’s not to say that you wouldn’t be able to pursue legal action – but the driver, not the company, would likely be held liable for your injuries. Because of the inherent complexities of car accident cases involving ridesharing companies, it’s imperative that you contact a trusted attorney from our firm today. We have the skill set and are well equipped to handle even the toughest personal injury cases.
Damages in an Ogden Car Accident Case
Car accidents often occur because of the negligence of other drivers. In many instances, injuries and vehicle damage is suffered to some, many, or all parties involved. The liable party or parties will be held responsible for the damages of those who are less liable.
If you file a lawsuit in Ogden, you should be aware of the damages you may be able to collect. In most cases, you as the victim will be entitled to what is called compensatory damages for the losses you have suffered. The two types of compensatory damages include:
- Economic damages - Compensation for financial losses, such as lost wages or the cost of medical bills
- Non-economic damages - Compensation as an act of contrition for subjective losses that don’t necessarily carry a dollar amount, such as the pain and suffering endured
What to Expect As You File Your Car Accident Claim
Here are some key pieces of information that you should know if you have been injured in a car accident and need help filing a claim. Our attorneys can help you with each step as you process the case and pursue just compensation.
- Disputed Liability - Your insurer will likely try to refuse coverage for your claim. It is not uncommon that they will argue that the accident was your own fault, rather than that of the person they are insuring.
- Medical Expenses - Our legal team can help guide you through each step of the personal injury case, including helping to translate insurance information regarding payment of your medical bills.
- Damage of Your Vehicle - One of the biggest expenses of a car accident is vehicle repairs. You will need to file a property damage claim. This will be a separate matter from your personal injury claim.
Your Trusted Ally After a Car Accident
After being in a car accident, many people make the mistake of thinking that their insurance company will be on their side. This is not necessarily true. Insurance companies, especially those working with the other driver, want to make as small of payouts as possible for car accident claims. If you say the wrong thing to your insurer, you might put big costs directly on your own shoulders and pay them out of your own finances.
Let our car accident lawyers in Ogden, UT work on your case so you do not need to worry about insurance company tricks, such as offering a lowball settlement.
Schedule a free, initial consultation with our law firm today by calling (801) 797-3444 or contacting us online.