Cheyenne Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Representing Injured Wyoming Motorcyclists & Their Loved Ones
A motorcycle accident has the ability to completely alter your life. Because motorcycle operators and passengers have relatively little protection in the event of a crash, they tend to suffer serious injuries when they are involved in accidents with larger, heavier vehicles, like cars and commercial trucks. All too often, these accidents ultimately prove fatal.
If you were injured or your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, you believe someone else is at fault, reach out to Lowe Law Firm. Our Cheyenne motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to listen to your story and learn how we can help you work to obtain the fair compensation and justice you deserve. Throughout the process, our team will provide attentive and personalized legal guidance, handling everything from start to finish so you can focus on healing.
How Can I Tell Who Is Liable for My Damages?
When it comes to recovering compensation in personal injury claims, liability is critical. The liable party is the one responsible for paying damages, such as your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. So, how can you tell who was liable?
In most cases, the liable party will be the person who caused the accident. However, under Wyoming’s rule of modified comparative negligence, you can still recover compensation for your damages if you were partially at fault for the accident—as long as the other person was more at fault than you were. If you are less than 50% to blame for the accident, you can file a personal injury claim, but your total recovery will be reduced by the same percentage of fault you are determined to have.
When determining who is liable for your damages, our attorneys look at a variety of factors, including but not limited to:
- Evidence regarding how the accident occurred
- The speed at which you and the other driver were traveling when the crash occurred
- Whether the other driver was intoxicated/above the legal alcohol limit for driving
- Whether the other driver was behaving negligently at the time of the collision
- If the other driver violated any traffic laws or acted carelessly
- The other driver’s cell phone records, which can be used to prove negligence
- Whether there were any defects in the design or construction of the road
- If your motorcycle or the other vehicle had any defects/defective parts
- Whether flaws in the design, manufacturing, or labeling of any safety equipment contributed to your injuries
Once we have secured all applicable evidence—as well as records of your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other economic and non-economic losses—we are able to build a solid, fact-based case in support of your recovery. Our Cheyenne motorcycle accident attorneys work to maximize our clients’ cases in order to help them not only move forward after an accident but thrive.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accident claims are often fairly complex due to the fact that motorcycle accident injuries are often very serious. As a result, they tend to have an immediate and ongoing impact on victims’ lives. When seeking compensation on your behalf, we work to recover a settlement or verdict that takes into account your present and future costs.
Depending on the specifics of your situation, you may be able to recover the following damages after a motorcycle accident:
- All medical expenses related to immediate treatment
- Ongoing medical care costs
- Ambulance and hospital fees
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication costs
- Expenses associated with necessary medical equipment (wheelchairs, prosthetics, etc.)
- The cost of making modifications to your home to accommodate a disability
- Lost wages/income from time taken off work to receive treatment/heal
- Lost future earnings, if your injuries are expected to last
- Lost or reduced earning ability, if your injuries prevent you from returning to work
- Pain and suffering, including both physical pain and emotional distress
- Costs associated with counseling/treatment for mental health issues
If your loved one ultimately died as a result of his or her injuries, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. Such a claim allows you to seek compensation for your losses, including medical expenses associated with the deceased’s final treatment, funeral costs, loss of companionship, loss of support, loss of income/expected income, and more.
Speak to an Experienced Attorney at Our Firm Today
After a serious motorcycle accident, it is not uncommon or unexpected to feel lost and uncertain of what to do next. After making sure that you have received the proper medical attention, the next most important thing you can do is to discuss your situation with an attorney. Many injured motorcyclists are hesitant to talk to a lawyer, believing it to be an unnecessary hassle or prohibitively expensive.
At Lowe Law Firm, our Cheyenne motorcycle accident lawyers make the process as easy and stress-free as possible. We will provide you with consistent communication and frequent updates on your case’s progress. Additionally, we offer a no recovery, no fee guarantee—if we don’t secure a settlement or verdict in your case, you do not owe us a dime. There is absolutely no risk in speaking to a member of our legal team, and no pressure when you call.
A Sense of Understanding
We will step into your shoes to better understand your goals and effectively fight for the justice that you deserve in your case.
A Client-First Philosophy
Our team is prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure your comfort and convenience, from traveling to you to arranging your medical care.
A Personalized Experience
Our attorneys refuse to you like another number and are committed to being directly involved in your case every step of the way.
A Results-Driven Approach
We have recovered millions of dollars for injury victims in the past and are committed to winning your case next.
A Network of Support
When you hire our firm, you not only get the support of one attorney but a large team guiding you through the legal process.
A Compassionate Team
Our attorneys are truly empathetic advocates whom you can count on to be in your corner when you need them most.