Federal Way Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
We Want to Hear Your Story & Learn How We Can Help You
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you are likely feeling overwhelmed with medical bills, financial hardships, physical challenges, and emotional struggles. All of this is completely normal and expected in the wake of an accident—but you do not have to face these difficulties on your own.
If someone else was at fault for the accident that led to your injuries, you can file a personal injury claim and seek compensation for your losses, including your medical bills, lost wages, and more. This is true even if you were partially at fault for the accident; Washington’s rule of comparative fault allows you to pursue compensation even if you were partially (or mostly) at fault for the accident, whether the accident involved another motorcycle or a car.
Filing a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Federal Way & Tacoma, WA
Filing a personal injury claim after a motorcycle accident claim can be complicated. When you are focused on getting proper medical treatment and managing your day-to-day expenses while out of work, filing a claim might be the last thing on your mind. At Lowe Law Firm, we are here to guide you through the entire process and handle the legal issues so you can focus on your physical recovery.
Our team of Federal Way motorcycle accident attorneys have extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the law. And, most importantly, they understand the unique challenges you face and are prepared to provide you with the compassion, personalized counsel, and advocacy you need.
Washington State Motorcycle Laws You Need to Know
Like all states, Washington has its own motorcycle-specific laws. It’s important that you are aware of and abide by all applicable motorcycle laws in order to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others with whom you share the road.
If you operate a motorcycle in Washington State, it’s important that you do the following:
- Obtain a motorcycle endorsement on your driver’s license
- Register your motorcycle with the Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL)
- Carry the minimum liability insurance for motorcycles ($25,000 in bodily injury per person, $50,000 in bodily injury per accident, and $10,000 in property damage)
- Wear an approved motorcycle helmet (there are no exceptions to this law)
- Equip your motorcycle with the proper equipment (an appropriate horn, muffler, handlebars, taillights, etc.)
- Never ride side-by-side in a single lane with more than one other motorcyclist
- Never “lane split,” or ride between traffic lanes and/or cars
Motorcycles in Washington are also subject to noise restrictions. Specifically, motorcycles may not exceed noise levels of 78 decibels when traveling under 46 mph and 82 decibels when traveling faster than 45 mph. Additionally, if you are carrying a passenger, your motorcycle must have a passenger seat and foot rests, or an attachable side car meant for passengers.
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Motorcycle Accident
Unfortunately, even when you follow all applicable state laws and drive cautiously, you cannot always prevent accidents from happening. If another driver was careless or acted recklessly, leading to a collision, there are some important steps you should take in order to protect your health and safety, as well as your right to seek financial recovery.
As soon as possible after the accident, try to do the following:
- Seek medical care. Even if you believe you weren’t seriously injured, you may have undetected injuries that, if not treated right away, could become worse.
- If possible, document the scene of the accident. Take pictures of your motorcycle and the other vehicle involved, as well as pictures of your injuries.
- Write down everything you can remember about what happened and how the accident occurred. If there are any witness, take down their statements as well.
- Get the other involved driver’s information, including their name, phone number/address, and insurance company.
In the days following the accident, make sure to take the following steps:
- Follow all of your doctor’s advice and orders.
- Contact your insurance company to let them know about the accident.
- Obtain several motorcycle repair quotes from trusted shops.
- Reach out to an accident attorney.
While you are not required by law to work with an attorney when filing a personal injury claim, it is incredibly valuable to your case that you do. An experienced lawyer can make all the difference in the outcome of your case; so can an inexperienced one. It’s important that you work with the right team in order to secure all of the compensation you deserve.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Law Firm Can Help
Our Federal Way motorcycle accident attorneys are not only highly experienced in Washington State motorcycle accident claims, but they also have earned a reputation among their peers and past clients for providing aggressive advocacy and compassionate client support from start to finish. We are a large team with access to considerable resources, but we are also dedicated and caring individuals who genuinely want to help you get back on your feet.
At Lowe Law Firm, we offer personalized legal representation for victims of motorcycle accidents and the families of those who have lost loved ones. No two cases are identical, so no two clients should be treated exactly the same. When you turn to our Federal Way legal team, you can rest assured that you will receive representation tailored to you and your unique situation. We offer all of our services on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are absolutely no fees unless/until we win your case.
A Sense of Understanding
We will step into your shoes to better understand your goals and effectively fight for the justice that you deserve in your case.
A Client-First Philosophy
Our team is prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure your comfort and convenience, from traveling to you to arranging your medical care.
A Personalized Experience
Our attorneys refuse to treat you like another number and are committed to being directly involved in your case every step of the way.
A Results-Driven Approach
We have recovered millions of dollars for injury victims in the past and are committed to winning your case next.
A Network of Support
When you hire our firm, you not only get the support of one attorney but a large team guiding you through the legal process.
A Compassionate Team
Our attorneys are truly empathetic advocates whom you can count on to be in your corner when you need them most.